Ahead of the release of his thirteenth album, Authentic (set for release on 30 April) , hip-hop veteran LL Cool J has released a series of snippets from the project to give fans an idea of what to expect.
Featuring twelve tracks and collaborations with a number of industry giants including Seal, Monica, Charlie Wilson and Earth, Wind & Fire, it sounds like LL Cool J could have a several hits on his hands and this preview certainly grabs the listeners attention from the get go.
Beginning with the punchy and hard-hitting beat for “Bath Salt”, the New York rapper sets the pace, before going on to showcase his sensitive side (which we are already used to seeing from tracks such as “Hush” and “Luv U Better”) by teaming up with Fitz and the Tantrums and Eddie Van Halen for the endearing “Not Leaving You Tonight”. He then goes right back to asserting himself as a legend in the game on “We Came To Party” with Fatman Scoop and Snoop Dogg and other songs such as “Whaddup” featuring Chuck D, Travis Barker, Tom Morello and DJ Z-Trip.
The overall sound of the Authentic album remains true to the music LL Cool J has built a long and successful career on, while also staying current with a few interesting features. This will definitely be worth a listen when it drops later this week.
Check out the full track list and preview below.
1. Bath Salt
2. Not Leaving You Tonight (Feat. Fitz and the Tantrums & Eddie Van Halen)
3. New Love (Feat. Charlie Wilson)
4. We Came To Party (Feat. Snoop Dogg & Fatman Scoop)
5. Give Me Love (Feat. Seal)
6. Something About You (Love the World) (Feat. Charlie Wilson, Melody Thornton & Earth, Wind & Fire)
7. Bartender Please (Feat. Snoop Dogg, Bootsy Collins & Travis Barker)
8. Whaddup (Feat. Chuck D, Travis Barker, Tom Morello & DJ Z-Trip)
9. Between the Sheetz (Feat. Mickey Shiloh)
10. Closer (Feat. Monica)
11. Live For You (Feat. Brad Paisley)
12. We’re the Greatest (Feat. Eddie Van Halen)