Earlier today, microblogging site Twitter announced that they are making their business advertising services available for select small businesses. The move will give certain small business owners the opportunity to grow their businesses using the site’s Promoted Tweets and Promoted Accounts products.
Although only currently available to certain American Express cardholders and merchants, Twitter says they will “steadily increase the number of participating small businesses over the coming weeks.”
“We are excited to offer small businesses the chance to create even more marketing success as advertisers on Twitter,” the official statement said.
Highlights of the advertising program are as follows:
- Get started in minutes: we provide ongoing management of your advertising.
- No previous advertising experience is required. If you can tweet, you can advertise on Twitter.
- Gain new followers: Promoted Accounts helps your small business connect with new people who want to hear from you and can spread the word about your business to others.
- Amplify your Tweets: Promoted Tweets helps your small business get your messages in front of more of the right people. Twitter will take out the guesswork by automatically identifying and promoting your most engaging Tweets.
- Pay per follower for Promoted Accounts and per engagement (click, retweet, reply, and favorite) for Promoted Tweets.
- Target the whole world, specific countries, or limit your reach to specific U.S. metropolitan areas.
To explain how to use the new tools, Twitter released this short video: